“There’s a really good atmosphere around the whole campus, and all the staff I met were enthused and excited about the work they were doing.”Ben Farrugia, Sector Engagement Lead, CELCIS
The ‘full understanding of the needs of the children’ demonstrated by Harmeny staff members has resulted in the development of ‘innovative strategies to help them achieve their potential.’ (Care Inspection Report, 2017)
In March 2017, Harmeny once again received a very positive care inspection, achieving ‘Excellent’ for those areas assessed, making this seven consecutive inspections where we have received the top grade across all standards inspected.
The grades awarded were as follows:
- Quality of care and support – Grade 6 – Excellent
- Quality of environment – not assessed
- Quality of staffing – Grade 6 – Excellent
- Quality of management and leadership – not assessed
The inspection also highlighted the following as strengths:
- Staff members have established extremely positive relationships with the children, using positive approaches to encourage good behaviours
- Harmeny has an ethos of continuous improvement and a clear vision for moving the school forward
- Harmeny Outdoors offers children new and ‘adventurous’ experiences that underpin the school’s health and wellbeing agenda
- The high ratio of staff to children ensures that all of the children get the attention they need
- The leadership team demonstrates a strong commitment to staff development, rolling out programmes that directly contribute to good communication and the demonstration of compassion towards the children
To find out more about the work of our care team, please click on the sub headings on the left hand side.
Download a copy of our most recent Care Inspection Report