“There’s always something to do – roller blading, bikes, trips, skate park, tuck shop, scooters, badminton, watching movies and playing pool and Wii in the playroom, going to and playing in the gym hall.”Young Person
Children are encouraged to make choices in relation to a wide variety of leisure activities, both indoor and outdoor. As well as the many activities offered within Harmeny, they have the opportunity to attend various clubs within the local community. These range from Cubs, Brownies and Scouts, to Rugby, Judo, Dancing and Swimming Lessons.
We also take pride in creating and maintaining a vibrant and supportive community ethos, with a range of whole school and community initiatives greatly contributing to this. Examples include:
- Our weekly ‘Children’s Meeting’, which recognises and celebrates the achievements of children
- Our annual Burns Lunch, Sports Day and Christmas Show
- Selling Christmas cards and crafts at the local Christmas Fair
- Carol singing in a nearby care home for the elderly
- Selling produce from our Community Garden at the local farmer’s market.
- Attendance at local primary and secondary schools, as a ‘stepping stone’ to a mainstream education setting