“Sports Day and the Christmas concert are particular highlights when we can go along and join in the fun and get a hands on sense of the work that is being done.”Foster Carer
At Harmeny, we have lots of great events involving the whole school and sometimes schools from the local community. Here are some examples…
- Charity and Fundraising Events, like Red Nose Day.
- One Planet Picnic (Harvest Thanksgiving), where we give thanks for the food we eat, then distribute produce to older people in the local community.
- Community Days with a theme, where we invite pupils from local primary schools to join us, for example, Science Day, Eco Day and Fairtrade Day.
- Burns Lunch, with haggis, neaps and tatties, Scottish songs and poems!
- Sports Day, with lots of great activities, cheered on by parents, carers and staff – and a fantastic BBQ.
- Storytelling and talks from interesting and inspiring people.
- A Christmas Show, followed by presents from Santa’s Grotto!
- Lots of cottage celebrations, like Halloween, birthdays and pancake day!