Staff at Harmeny were “kind, caring and sensitive in their interaction with the children and used very positive approaches to encourage good behaviours”.Care Inspection Report, March 2017
“The effectiveness of the school’s approaches to supporting children’s development and learning is excellent.” Education Scotland & Care Inspectorate Report, May 2013
Following our joint inspection by Education Scotland and the Care Inspectorate in March 2013, we received an outstanding inspection report, with the following evaluations:
- Improvements in performance – very good
- Learners’ experiences – very good
- Meeting learning needs – excellent
- The curriculum – very good
- Improvement through self evaluation – very good.
Key strengths of the school were highlighted as follows:
- “A vibrant community in which children and staff demonstrate positive relationships and children enjoy learning
- Learning outdoors and extensive opportunities for wider achievement
- Highly effective approaches to meeting children’s emotional, social and mental wellbeing
- Strong productive links with the wider community and success in involving parents, carers and families
- Leadership of improvement and change.
(Education Scotland / Care Inspectorate Joint Inspection Report, May 2013)
Since the inspection, we have been working hard to build on the above achievements, through the further development of our curriculum and school timetable, inter-disciplinary and experiential approaches to learning.
To find out more about our education provision, please click on the sub headings the left hand side.
To download a copy of our most recent joint inspection report, dated May 2013, please go to the ‘Inspection Reports’ section on our homepage.