Building the Future Together
Be a champion for our children. You can find out more about how to support our Learning for Life Appeal below.
Read our latest appeal news here
We have 60 years experience of working with vulnerable children and we want to expand our services to meet the growing need.
We need to raise £2.4million to create much needed space and increased opportunities for changing the lives of young people both at Harmeny and from our local community.
The Learning for Life Appeal will provide:
- Space to relax We will extend two of our residential cottages via new living and kitchen accommodation and provide better sleepover accommodation for our staff
- Space to learn and thrive We will create a new multi-purpose Outdoor Centre and Learning Hub to house our two secondary classrooms and expand our outdoors, woodwork and art & design facilities. This building is key to unlocking our children’s potential, building their self-confidence and develop their relationships with themselves, each other and the world around them.
- Increased opportunities The new Outdoor Centre and Learning Hub will also provide the space we need to work with a further 60 young people at risk of exclusion from secondary schools in South West Edinburgh. Allowing us to share our expertise with more vulnerable children and extend the age range of children we can work with.
For more information please watch our video above and download our brochure below.
Test your knowledge at the Harmeny Wine Challenge on 13 June
Entertain valued clients or colleagues at this exclusive event at the Merchant’s Hall in Edinburgh. Guests will be welcomed with a champagne reception before taking part in an entertaining, interactive quiz where teams battle it out to win the coveted Harmeny Wine Challenge Trophy. Act now to secure the last remaining tables at £1,250 for a table of 10. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Conquer Heights for Harmeny – Register now to Abseil off the Forth Rail Bridge on 6 October
Help our children deal with their challenges by taking on a personal challenge of your own. We have limited places available for Forth Rail Bridge Abseil on Sunday 6 October. Abseil SAS style 165ft off this iconic landmark and you’ll never look at the bridges in the same way again!
Join our Harmeny Heroes at the Edinburgh KiltWalk on Sunday 15 September
Why not set yourself a personal challenge or rope in your friends, family and colleagues and enter as a team?
There are 3 distances to choose from
- The Wee Wander– a five or six mile walk suitable for all the family
- The Big Stroll– an intermediate walk of about 12 miles
- The Mighty Stride– a challenging 20 mile+ hike for those who want a serious challenge
Boost your fundraising by 40% for free!
Thanks to the generosity of the Hunter Foundation, every pound you raise will be boosted by 40%. (So if you raise £100 the Hunter Foundation will boost this to £140 with no extra effort from you!) To qualify for this boost you must set up your online fundraising page during the KiltWalk registration process – they will provide you with a link when you register.
Register now and select Harmeny Education Trust Limited in the charity box to join our team.
Already have your own KiltWalk place?
Just get in touch to get all the team updates plus your Harmeny T-shirt and fundraising support.
Want to organise your own event?
Please get in touch. We’d love to support you! We have collection tins and buckets you can use, and can provide you with information about the appeal for your guests.
Partner with Harmeny through your workplace.
We are keen to develop Corporate Partnerships and provide companies with the opportunity to partner a highly regarded and inspiring national charity. We offer team building and corporate responsibility opportunities through fulfilling volunteering projects. Contact email@example.com to find out more.